The key purpose of our assessment, learning and teaching is to move all children on in order for them to be secondary ready. Continued monitoring of each child's progress gives a clear picture of what each child is doing and their next steps and should help to enable teachers to ensure that children stay on track.
The outcomes of our assessments will help children become involved in raising their own expectations. Through assessing, recording and reporting on pupils’ work, we will:
- Create a curriculum that directly relates to the needs of the children to ensure that they are secure in their knowledge for the end of year expectations
- Enable staff to plan more effectively
- Involve pupils and their parents/carers in their own learning.
- Use the information to evaluate teaching
- Give pupils helpful and timely feedback on their achievements and areas for development, in order that they can learn more effectively
- Ensure that our practices in this area adhere our Single Equality Scheme.