At Charville Academy the pastoral team supports children and their families to nurture and support the individual needs of the child.
The pastoral team works alongside teaching staff to ensure the need for targeted support is recognised and implemented in a cohesive manor working closely with the academy’s inclusion team.
The pastoral team supports children who, for a range of reasons, are having social or emotional difficulties which can impact on learning. The service aims to support pupil wellbeing and reduce barriers to learning. The pastoral team provides support on a one to one and small group basis dependant on the needs of the individual.
As well as supporting children, the pastoral team offers support and guidance for families experiencing difficulties and provides a link between home and school through a partnership approach including signposting towards appropriate services available in the local area. The pastoral team can support with:
- Pastoral support meetings
- Links to family support through the Children’s Centre for under –fives
- Links to parenting support services in Hillingdon
- Signposting to services to support with housing and benefits advice
- Information about the courses at the Children Centre to aid their child’s learning.
We provide a range of interventions to support social and emotional wellbeing including:
- A quiet nurturing room for the children to feel safe and secure, to calm down or to have time out
- Liaising with teacher and children at the beginning of everyday where regular support is required or concerns have been identified
- Support the children and parents in the playground and on the doors in the morning
- 1:1 sessions with identified children
- In class support
- Small group support including groups focusing on developing self-esteem and self-confidence, developing social skills, developing friendships and supporting emotional regulation
- Support with bereavement or loss including Season’s for Growth programme
Who are the pastoral team?
The pastoral team is made up of the following staff members
Mrs Khan – Pastoral manager
Mrs Bird – Learning Mentor
Miss Best - Play and Learning Mentor
Mrs Trotter – Attendance Officer
Contacting the pastoral team:
- Any child in school can ask to speak with a member of the pastoral service by either approaching the team or asking a member of staff.
- Parents/carers – If you have a pastoral concern regarding your child you can speak to your child’s teacher at the end of the day or make contact with one of the team via Mrs Finnan at main reception on 0208 845 1707 or via email@example.com