The EFA awarded schools a Sports Grant to be used to fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, in the 2016 to 2017 academic year, so that they develop healthy lifestyles.
Charville Primary School received £10,360.00 based on the current number on role, for the 2016/2017 academic year. This was used to subsidise and facilitate high quality experienced Sports Coaches to develop and deliver new lunch time clubs and after-school clubs for pupils.
This helped identify gifted and talented pupils in cross country running, football and athletics enabling further specific coaching for the recognised groups. We attended several sports tournaments such as Swimming Gala, Hockey tournament, Football, Cross country and District sports events. The evaluation and impact from the funded provision for 2016 – 2017 has been:
- Pupils have further enhanced their knowledge and sports skills
- Greater pupil participation at competitive tournaments
- Enriched quality of PE delivery
- Greater discipline and attention within PE lessons
- Increased pupil participation in PE lessons
- Continued ‘Change For Life’ program flourishing
- General pupil attitude to fitness has improved
- New sports equipment was purchased
To view our Sports Premium report, click here.