The EFA awarded schools a Sports Grant to be used to fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, so that they develop healthy lifestyles. This year we have been allocated £20,360.
Last year Charville Academy initially received £10,360.00 based on the number on role, followed by a further £10, 360.900. This was used to subsidise and facilitate high quality experienced Sports Coaches to develop and deliver new lunch time clubs and after-school clubs for pupils and to further develop his expertise through a Bachelor's Degree at Kingston University.
The aims for the expenditure include the following and this is expanded on in the report attached below:
- Pupils have further enhanced their knowledge and sports skills
- Greater pupil participation at competitive tournaments
- Enriched quality of PE delivery
- Greater discipline and attention within PE lessons
- Increased pupil participation in PE lessons
- Continued ‘Change For Life’ program flourishing
- General pupil attitude to fitness has improved
- New sports equipment was purchased