The EFA awarded schools a Sports Grant to be used to fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, so that they develop healthy lifestyles. This year we have been allocated £20,080.
Last year the Sports Grant was used to subsidise and facilitate a high quality experienced Sports Coach, to develop and deliver new lunchtime clubs and after-school clubs for pupils.
The aims for the expenditure include the following and this is expanded on in the report attached below:
- Pupils have further enhanced their knowledge and sports skills
- Greater pupil participation at competitive tournaments
- Enriched quality of PE delivery
- Greater discipline and attention within PE lessons
- Increased pupil participation in PE lessons
- General pupil attitude to fitness has improved
- New sports equipment was purchased